Guoxin Wang, Ph.D.
Education & Experience
12/2010-present Associate Professor, Peking University Shenzhen Graduate School
07/2007-03/2009 Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Chemistry, The University of Hong Kong
07/2005-07/2007 Assistant Professor, Peking University Shenzhen Graduate School,
07/2004-07/2005 Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Chemistry, The University of Hong Kong
11/1999-04/2000 Research Assistant, Department of Chemistry, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
09/1997-04/1999 Research Assistant, Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Perking Union Medical College
07/2000-04/2004 Ph.D. Department of Chemistry, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
09/1996-07/1999 M.S. Department of Chemistry, Lanzhou University
09/1992-07/1996 B.S. Department of Chemistry, Lanzhou University
1. Development of novel synthetic methodologies and strategies on synthesis of natural product and construction of a natural product-like library for drug discovery.
2. Design and synthesis of small heterocyclic molecule libraries by multicomponent reactions (MCR).
3. Screening and synthesis of novel influenza virus hemagglutinin (HA) glycoprotein and neuraminidase (NA) inhibitors.
1. The Design and Synthesis of Water-soluble Phthalides (Sole Investigator, 2006-2007), supported by Shenzhen Bureau of Science Technology & Information.
2. The Synthesis of Pentalenolactone (Sole Investigator, 2008-2010), supported by NSFC (Grant 20772002).
3. Study of Novel Inhibitors of Influenza Virus (Sole Investigator, 2012), supported by NSFC (Grant 81161120401).
1. Characterization of Potent Fusion Inhibitors of Influenza Virus. Michael Rowse, Shihong Qiu, Jun Tsao, Tongmei Xian, Sarah Khawaja, Yohei Yamauch,* Zhen Yang,* Guoxin Wang* and Ming Luo*. PLOS ONE, 2015, 10(3):e0122536,
2. Discovery and SAR Study of Ppiperidine-based Derivatives as Novel Influenza Virus Inhibitors. Guoxin Wang,* Longjian Chen, Tongmei Xian, Yujie Liang, Xintao Zhang, Zhen Yang,* Ming Luo.* Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry. 2014, 12, 8048-8060.
3. Total synthesis of (+/-)-pentalenolactone A methyl ester. Qi Liu, Guozong Yue, Na Wu, Guang Lin, Yuanzhen Li, Junmin Quan, Chuangchuang Li,* Guoxin Wang,* and Zhen Yang.* Angew. Chem. Intl. Ed. 2012, 51, 12072-12076.
4. Construction of All-Carbon Quaternary Center by R2AlCl−Mediated Ring-Opening Reaction of Oxacycles. Chao Che, Lian-Zhu Liu, Jian-Xian Gong, Ye-Feng Tang, Guo-Xin Wang, Jun-Min Quan, Zhen Yang. Org. Lett. 2010, 12, 488-491.
5. Luminescent Alkynylplatinum(II) Terpyridyl Metallogels Stabilized by Pt…Pt, and Hydrophobic-Hydrophobic Interactions. Anthony Yiu-Yan Tam, Keith Man-Chung Wong, Nianyong Zhu, Guoxin Wang, Vivian Wing-Wah Yam. Langmuir. 2009, 25(15), 8685-8695.
6. Luminescent Metallogels of Alkynylrhenium(I) Tricarbonyl Diimine Complexes. Siu-Tung Lam, Guoxin Wang, Vivian Wing-Wah Yam. Organometallics. 2008, 27(18), 4545-4548
7. Total Synthesis of Crisamicin A. Zhengtao Li, Yingxiang Gao, Yefeng Tang, Ming-ji Dai, Guoxin Wang, Zhigang Wang, Zhen Yang. Org. Lett., 2008, 10(14), 3017-3020.
8. One-Pot Synthesis of Quinoline-Based Tetracycles by a Tandem Three-Component Reaction. Chao Che, Jing Xiang, Guoxin Wang, Reza Fathi, Jun-Min Quan, Zhen Yang. J. Comb. Chem., 2007, 9 (6), 982 – 989.
9. Efficient Synthesis of Maleimides and Carbazoles via Zn(Otf)2-Catalyzed Tandem Annulations of Isonitriles and Allenic Esters. Yuanzhen Li, Haixia Zou, Jianxian Gong, Jing Xiang, Tuoping Luo, Junmin Quan, Guoxin Wang,* Zhen Yang.* Org. Lett., 2007, 9 (20), 4057-4060.
10. Enhanced gelation property due to intra-molecular hydrogen bonding in a new series of bis(amino acid)-functionalized pyridine-2,6-dicarboxamide organogelators. Hak-Fun Chow, Guoxin Wang. Tetrahedron. 2007, 60(31), 7407-7418.
11. Luminescent metallogels of platinum(II) terpyridyl complexes: interplay of metal…metal and hydrophobic-hydrophobic interactions on gel formation. Anthony Yiu-Yan Tam, Keith Man-Chung Wong, Guoxin Wang, Vivian Wing-Wah Yam. Chem. Comm. 2007, (20), 2028 -2030.
Compounds useful as antiviral agents, compositions, and methods of use. Wang Guoxin, Yang Zhen, Luo Ming. WO 2011160024.